113. Pick up the correct statement from the following
A. The overall dimensions of the steel section do not exceed 750 x 450 mm over plate if used
B. The column is unpainted and is solidly encased in ordinary dense concrete with 10 mm aggregates having a minimum of cube strength 160 kg/cm2 at 28 days
C. The surface and edges of the steel column should be provided a concrete cover not less than 50 mm
D. All the above.
114. The slenderness ratio of a tie in a roof truss if subjected to action of wind and seismic forces, should not be greater than
115. Pick up the correct statement from the following :
A. Net sectional area of a tension member is its gross area less deductions for holes
B. Gross diameter of river hole is 1.5 mm in excess of its normal diameter if it is greater than 25 mm
C. Gross diameter of the rivet hole is 2.0 mm in excess of its normal diameter if it is greater than 25 mm
D. All the above.
116. The staggered pitch is the distance between two consecutive rivets measured
A. parallel to the direction of stress in the member
B. perpendicular to the direction of stress in the member
D. none of these.
117. In the formula a + bk for the calculation of the net effective section of single angles in tension connected by one leg only, the value of k, is
B. 1 + 0.35
C. 1 + 0.20
D. 1 + 0.5 4
118. The effective and actual lengths of a cantilever are same if continuous at the support,
A. unstrained against torsion at the support and free at the end
B. with partial restraint against torsion of the support and free at the end
C. restrained against torsion at the support and free at the end
D. none of the these.
119. Pick up the correct statement from the following :
A. Flange joints are preferably located at points of maximum stress
B. The area of splice plates should be 5% in excess of flange elements spliced
C. The C.G. of the flange splice should coincide with that of the element spliced
D. For welding flange splice, complete penetration butt welds should be used
Page 17 of 21