92. The value of E for allowable compressive stress for columns, in the formula is taken as, 1/r.vmpe, radians
A. 2000000 kg/cm2
B. 2044000 kg/cm2
C. 2045000 kg/cm2
D. 2047000 kg/cm2.
93. For rolled I-beams and channels, permissible tensile and compressive stresses does not exceed
A. 1400 kg/cm2
B. 1500 kg/cm2
C. 1650 kg/cm2
D. 1800 kg/cm2.
94. The permissible bending stresses Pbet for steel slab bases should not exceed
A. 1500 kg/cm2
B. 1650 kg/cm2
C. 1800 kg/cm2
D. 1890 kg/cm2.
95. Pick up the incorrect statement from the following :
A. The gross section of the web of rolled I-beams is the depth of the beam multiplied by the web thickness
B. The gross section of the web of channels is the depth of the web multiplied by its thickness
C. The gross section of the web of plate girders is the depth of the web plate multiplied by its thinkness
D. None of these.
96. The depth d' of webs without horizontal stiffeners and consisting of tongue plates is taken lesser than the depth of the girder bet-ween the flanges less the sum of the depth of the tongue plates, and .
A. eight times the sum of the thickness of tongue plates
B. six times the sum of the thickness of tongue plates
C. four times the sum of the thickness of tongue plates
D. None of the above.
97. When bending occurs about both axes of the member,fc fbe the value of fbe in the formula +I> 1 is taken
A. higher value
B. lower value
C. sum of the two
D. difference of the two.
98. For the stability of a structural part, the weight or anchorage should be
A. 1.2 times the minimum overturning moment due to dead load
B. 1.4 times the minimum overturning moment due to dead load
C. sum of (a) and (b)
D. none of these.
Page 14 of 21