64. The minimum horizontal distance bet-ween two parallel main reinforcing bars, is
A. the diameter of the bar if their diameters are same
B. the diameter of the longer bar if their diameters are unequal
C. 5 mm more than nominal maximum size of the Coarse aggragate
D. greatest value of the above.
65. The over all depth of a solid slab is 20 cm and effective depth is 15 cm. The horizontal distance between parallel main reinforcement should not be more than
A. 30 cm
B. 40 cm
C. 45 cm
D. 60 cm.
66. Pick up the correct statement from the following :
A. The cover of a longitudinal reinforcing bar in a column is kept not less than the diameter of the bar or 40 mm
B. The cover of a longitudinal reinforcing bar in beam is kept not less than the diameter of the bar or 25 mm
C. The end cover of a longitudinal reinforcing bar in a beam is kept not less than twice the diameter or 25 mm
D. All the above.
67. For the reinforced concrete member totally immersed in sea water, the normal cover provided for the reinforcing bars is further increased by
A. 10 mm
B. 20 mm
C. 30 mm
D. 40 mm
68. In adverse circumtances, the reinforced concrete member immersed in sea water or subjected to sea spray, the maximum permissible cover for the reinforcing bars, should not exceed
A. 40 mm
B. 50 mm
C. 60 mm
D. 75 mm.
69. The value of the constant K in the formula As ? K.bd in a beam is for determining the minimum area of tension reinforcement Is
70. The maximum area of compression reinforcement in a beam of cross section B x D is limited to
A. 0.02 BD
B. 0.03 BD
C. 0.04 BD
D. 0.05 BD
Page 10 of 21