15. Along the principal plarr subjected to maximum principal stress
A. maximum shear stress acts
B. minimum shear stress acts
C. no shear stress acts
D. none of these.
16. The ratio of the tensile stress developed in the wall of a boiler in the circumferential direction to the tensile stress in the axial direction, is
17. If two tensile forces mutually perpendicular act on a rectangular parallelopiped bar are equal, the resulting elongation of the pipe, is
18. A bending moment may be defined as :
A. Arithmetic sum of the moments of all the forces on either side of the section
B. Arithmetic sum of the forces on either side of the section
C. Algebraic sum of the moments of all the forces on either side of the section
D. None of these.
19. At either end of a plane frame, maximum number of possible transverse shear forces, are
20. At either end of a plane frame, maximum number of possible bending moments, are
21. A simply supported beam carries two equal concentrated loads W at distances L/3 from either support. The maximum is
Page 3 of 25