134. If d is the distance between the flange angles of a plate girder, vertical stiffeners are provided at a distance not greater than
A. d but not less than 0.20 d
B. 1.25 d but not less than 0.33 d
C. 1.5 d but not less than 0.33 d
D. 2.0 d but not less than 0.50 d
135. Length of an outstanding leg of a vertical stiffener, may be taken equal to
A. lth of clear depth of the girder plus 15 mm
B. ?20 th of clear depth of the girder plus 20 mm
C. ?25 th of clear depth of the girder plus 25 mm
D. I th of clear depth of the girder plus 50 mm 30
136. According to IS : 800 - 71, the minimum thickness of a vertically stiffened web plate, shall not be less than
A. ?d 85
137. If d is the clear depth of a plate girder, t is the minimum required thickness of the web, C is the maximum clear distance between vertical stiffeners, the moment of inertia of a pair of stiffeners about the centre line of the web, is 1.5a3 t3w
A. d = 3
B. d = 1.5
C. d = 2.5
D. d = 3.5
138. The size of a butt weld is specified by the effective throat thickness which in the case of incomplete penetration, is taken as
A. of the thickness of thicker part
B. of the thickness of thicker part
C. -3 of the thickness of thinner part 4
D.; of the thickness of thinner part
139. The cross-section of a standard fillet is a triangle whose base angles are
A. 450 and 45?
B. 30? and 60?
C. 40? and 50?
D. 20? and 70?.
140. A fillet weld may be termed as
A. mitre weld
B. concave weld
C. convex weld
D. all the above.
Page 20 of 30