267. Consider the following statements regarding the assumptions in Terzaghi's Theory of One-Dimensional Consolidation.1. The soil is homogeneous 2. The soil is fully saturated 3. The solid particles are incompressible 4. The water particles are compressible Of these statements
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 2 and 3 are correct
C. 3 and 4 are correct
D. 1, 2 and 3 are correct.
268. Pick up the correct statement from the following:
A. The difference between liquid limit and plastic limit, is called the plasticity index of soil
B. A clean sand i a non-plastic material
C. Different states of soils at different water contents are called the Atterberg's limits
D. All the above.
269. The soil formed by wind erosion is
270. Unifromity coefficient of well graded soil is
B. less than 2
D. greater than 2.
271. The water content of a soil at which the soil volume becomes constant, is called
A. plastic limit
B. liquid limit
C. shrinkage limit
D. solid limit.
272. Assuming specific gravity of soil solids as 2.5 and dry unit weight of soil 19.62 kN/m3, the shrinkage limit (ws) is
273. If the water content of a saturated soil, is 40%, and specific gravity of solids is 2.7 then void ratio is
Page 39 of 42