183. Plasticity index is defined as the range of water content between
A. liquid and plastic limit
B. plastic limit and semi solid limit
C. semi-solid limit and liquid limit
D. liquid limit and solid limit.
184. Pick up the correct statement from the following :
A. The range of water content between the liquid limit and plastic limit, is called plasticity index.
B. The ratio of the liquid limit minus the natural water content to the plasticity index of soils, is called consistency index
C. The ratio of natural water content minus its plastic limit to its plasticity index is called liquidity index
D. The ratio between plasticity index and flow index (i.e. slope of flow curve in case of liquid limit), is called toughness index
185. The water content in a soil sample when it continues to loose weight without loosing the volume, is called
A. Shrinkage limit
B. Plastic limit
C. liquid limit
D. semi-solid limit.
186. A soil sample of mass specific gravity 1.92, has a moisture content 30%. If the specific gravity of solids is 2.75, the void ratio, is
187. The porosity cf the soil sample stated as . A soil sample of mass specific gravity 1.92, has a moisture content 30%. If the specific gravity of solids is 2.75 is
188. The degree of saturation of the soil sample stated in Q. No. 213, is
189. If dry density, water density and specific gravity of solids of a given soil sample are 1.6 glee, 1.84 g/cc and 2.56 respectively, the porosity of the soil sample, is
Page 27 of 42