8. One Newton force produces an acceleration of
A. 1 cm/sec2 while acting on a body of 1 gm mass
B. 1 cm/sec2 while acting on a body of 1 kg mass
C. 1 m/sec2 while acting on a body of 1 kg mass
D. 1 m/sec2 while acting on a body of 1 gm mass.
9. 1 kg wt in gravitational unit equals
A. 8.9 N in SI system
B. 9.8 N in SI system
C. 4.5 N in SI system
D. 5.4 N in SI system.
10. In SI units, moment is expressed as
D. all the above.
11. Pick up the correct statement from the following :
A. The units of moment of inertia of a plane area, depends upon the units of the area and the length
B. The moment of inertia is expressed in m4 if the area is in square metres and the length is also in metres
C. The moment of inertia is expressed in cm4 if the area is in square centimetres and the length in centimeters
D. All the above.
12. One Netwon force equals
A. 105 dynes
B. 104 dynes
C. 103 dynes
D. 102 dynes.
13. Intensity of electric current is expressed in
14. Basic unit of thermodynamic temperature, is
A. degree fahrenheit
B. degree centigrade
C. degree kelvin
D. degree absolute.
Page 2 of 5