120. In a combined footing if shear stress exceeds 5 kg/cm2, the nominal stirrups provided are :
A. 6 legged
B. 8 legged
C. 10 legged
D. 12 legged
121. Top bars are extended to the projecting parts of the combined footing of two columns L distance apart for a distance of
A. 0.1 L from the outer edge of column
B. 0.1 L from the centre edge of column
C. half the distance of projection
D. one-fourth the distance of projection.
122. Bottom bars under the columns are extended into the interior of the footing slab to a distance greater than
A. 42 diameters from the centre of the column
B. 42 diameters from the inner edge of the column
C. 42 diameters from the outer edge of the column
D. 24 diameter from the centre of the column.
123. The advantage of a concrete pile over a timber pile, is
A. no decay due to termites
B. no restriction on length
C. higher bearing capacity
D. all the..above.
124. A pre-cast pile generally used, is
D. square with corners chamfered.
125. Piles are usually driven by
A. diesel operated hammer
B. drop hammer
C. single acting steam hammer
D. all the above.
126. On piles, the drop must be at least
A. 80 cm
B. 100 cm
C. 120 cm
D. 140 cm
Page 18 of 45