106. To ensure uniform pressure distribution, the thickness of the foundation, is
A. kept uniform throughout breadth
B. increased gradually towards the edge
C. decreased gradually towards the edge
D. kept zero at the edge.
107. If P kg/m2 is the upward pressure on the slab of a plain concrete footing whose projection on either side of the wall is a cm, the depth of foundation D is given by
A. D = 0.00775 a 117'
B. D =..0775
C. I) = 0.0775 aArr)
D. III = 0.775 P 4-c-t
108. If the bearing capacity of soil is 10 tonnes/cm2 and the projection of plain concrete footing from walls, is a cm, the depth D of footing is
A. I) = 0.0775 a
B. D = 0.775 a
C. D = 0.775 i[t
D. D = 0.775 a2.
109. According to I.S. : 456, 1978 the thickness of reinforced concrete footing on piles at its edges, is kept less than
A. 5 cm
B. 10 cm
C. 15 cm
D. 20 cm
110. According to I.S. : 456, 1978 the thickness of reinforced concrete footing on piles at its edges, is kept less than
A. 20 cm
B. 30 cm
C. 40 cm
D. 50 cm
111. The weight of a foundation is assumed as
A. 5% of wall weight
B. 7% of wall weight
C. 10% of wall weight
D. 12% of wall weight.
112. The self-weight of the footing, is
A. not considered for calculating the upward pressure on footing
B. also considered for calculating the upward pressure on footing
C. not considered for calculating the area of the footing
D. both (b) and .
Page 16 of 45