50. Pick up the correct statement from the following :
A. The volume of underground water extracted by gravity drainage from a saturated soil, is known as yield
B. The ratio of volume drained to the total volume of material drained, is known as specific yield
C. The volume of water retained by the soil against the pull of gravity, is called specific retention or field capacity
D. All the above.
D. Coarse gravel.
52. A well is considered to be good if it is sunk into
C. Coarse gravel
53. An aquiclude is
A. a non artesian aquifer
B. an artesian acquifer
C. a confined bed of impervious material bet-ween acquifers
D. a large water body under ground.
54. Perched acquifers generally occur
A. below water table
B. above water table
C. in acquicludes
D. in artesian acquifers
55. Water to the consumers may be supplied from
A. infiltration galleries connected to sump well
B. infiltration well dug out on the banks of rivers
C. ranney wells sunk to the water level
D. all the above.
56. Continuous flow of water can be expected from
A. gravity springs
B. surface springs
C. artesian springs
D. none of these.
Page 8 of 53