351. The radius of gyration of the water line of a floating ship is 4 m and its metacentric height is 72.5 cm. The period of oscillation of the ship, is
352. Water displaced by a floating wooden block of density 0.75, 5 m long, 2 m wide and 3 m high, is
A. 17.5 in?
B. 20.0 m3
C. 22.5 m3
D. 25 km3.
353. In flowing liquids pitot tubes are used measure
354. When two layers of a fluid separated by dy move over the other with a difference of velocity du , causes a shearing stress T = i-d-v- , where p, is known as
A. coefficient of viscosity
B. absolute viscosity
C. dynamic viscosity
355. The equation T = p du for the viscosity, is suggested dy
356. Pick up the correct statement from the following :dv
A. The fluids which follow T =d?y are known as Newtonian fluids
B. The fluids which do not follow the linear relationship between shear and rate of strain are known as non Newtonian fluids
C. The substances which flow after yield strains, are known as plastics
D. all the above.
357. An open container filled with water is moved vertically upward with a uniform linear acceleration. The pressure at its bottom will be
A. greater than static pressure
B. equal to static pressure
C. lesser than static pressure
D. none of these.
Page 51 of 61