316. To avoid an interruption in the flow of a syphon, an air vessel is provided
A. at the inlet
B. at the outlet
C. at the summit
D. at any point between intet and outlet.
317. For a long pipe, the head loss
A. at the entrance is ignored
B. at the outlet is ignored
C. at the entrance and outlet both are ignored
D. due to friction is ignored.
318. For solving network problems of pipes, necessary condition is
A. continuity equation
B. energy equation
C. Darcy-Weisbach equation
D. all the above.
319. Power transmitted through a pipe is maximum when friction head loss, is
A. one-half of the total head supplied
B. one-third of the total head supplied
C. one-fouth of the total head supplied
D. equal to the total head supplied.
320. Maximum efficiency of transmission of power through a pipe, is
321. If the pressure at the inlet of a pipe is 90 kg/cm2 and pressure drop over the pipe line is 10 kg/cm2, the efficiency of transmission, is
322. For maximum horse power of a 11, zle, the head supplied must be equal to
A. head loss in the pipe due to friction
B. twice the head loss in the pipe due to friction
C. thrice the head loss in the pipe due to friction
D. four times the head loss in the pipe due to friction.
Page 46 of 61