309. If H is height of the liquid above the sill, the effect of end contractions, according to Francis formula, is
A. 0 .1 H
B. 0.2 H
C. 0.3 H
D. 0.4 H
310. Cappoletti weir is a
A. rectangular weir whose length is kept 3 times the height of the water above sill
B. triangular weir whose notch angle is 90?
C. trapezoidal weir, whose sides slope 1 horizontal to 2 verticals
D. a combination of rectangular and triangular weirs.
311. The thickness of a sharp crested weir is kept less than
A. one-third of the height of water on the sill
B. one-half of the height of water on the sill
C. one-fourth of the height of water on the sill
D. two-third of the height of water on the sill
312. Discharge over an ogee weir remains the same as that of
A. sharp crested weir
B. triangular weir
C. cippoletti weir
D. drowned weir.
313. In an inclined pipe, the pressure difference at its two ends is due to
A. sudden head drop at inlet
B. exit head drop
C. frictional loss head
D. all the above.
314. To avoid vapourisation, pipe lines are laid over the ridge so that these are above the hydraulic gradient line, not more than
A. 2.4 m
B. 6.4 m
C. 10.0 m
D. 5.0 m.
315. A syphon is used
A. to connect water reservoirs at different levels intervened by a hill
B. to supply water to a town from higher level to lower level
C. to fill up a tank with water at higher level from a lower level
D. none of these.
Page 45 of 61