211. The metacentric height of a body equals the distance between
A. the centre of gravity and centre of buoyancy
B. the metacentre and centre of gravity
C. the centre of buoyancy and metacentre
D. none of these.
212. The vertical reaction in the above question at A is
A. 14,137 kgf
B. 5,863 kgf
C. 20,000 kgf
D. 18,000 kgf.
213. A body of dimensions 1.5 m x 1.0 m x 2 m weighs 3000 kg in water. Its specific gravity is
214. The momentum correction factor (13) for the viscous flow through a circular pipe is
215. In case of laminar flow through a circular pipe,
A. momentum correction factor is 1.33
B. energy correction factor is 2.00
C. both (a) and (b)
D. Neither (a) nor (b).
216. If jet of water coming out from a nozzle with a velocity 9.81 m/s, the angle of elevation being 300, the time to reach the highest point is
A. 0.25 s
B. 0.50 s
D. 1.5 s.
217. The ratio of time for completely emptying the hemispherical tank and circular horizontal tank of equal radii both fitted with similar orifices at their bottoms is :
A. [ (4/3
B.? 2/5 H5/2)
C.3 (2R)3/2 _ (21? _ H1)3/2
Page 31 of 61