267. The total value of extra widening required at a horizontal curve on a two lane hill road of radius 42 m for a design speed of 50 kmph and for vehicles with wheel base 6 na, is
A. 0.500 m
B. 0.589 m
C. 1.089 m
D. 0.089 m.
268. The number of vehicles moving in a specified direction on a roadway that pass a given point during specified unit of time, is called
A. traffic volume
B. traffic density
C. basic capacity
D. traffic capacity.
269. The length of the side of warning sign boards of roads is
A. 30 cm
B. 40 cm
C. 45 cm
D. 50 cm.
270. Enoscope is used to determine
A. spot speed
B. average speed
C. travel time
D. none of these.
271. The traffic manoeuvre means
D. all the above,
272. Pick up the correct definition from the following :
A. The average number of vehicles per day passing on a section of the road during a year is called Average Daily Traffic (ADT)
B. A traffic volume higher than the volume during most of the hours in a year, is called hourly volume
C. The highest hourly traffic is called peak hour traffic
D. All the above
273. If the normal traffic growth is 50%, the generated traffic is 20%, the development traffic is 40%, according to an origin 4.nd destination survey on a section of State Highway in 195 10,000 the future ADT (2000) is :
D. None of these.
Page 39 of 41