197. The maximum diameter of sewers adopted in the designs is
A. 1.0 m
B. 2.0 m
C. 3.0 m
D. 4.0 m.
198. The minimum diameter of sewer to be adopted is
A. 10 cm
B. 12.5 cm
C. 15 cm
D. 25 cm.
199. The rational formula for peak drainage discharge, was evolved by
B. Lloyd David
D. All of these.
200. If the over land flow from the critical point to the drain is 8 km and the difference in level is 12.4 m, the inlet time is
A. 2 hours
B. 3 hours
C. 4 hours
D. 5 hours.
201. If n is the rugosity coefficient, r is the hydraulic depth, s is the bed slope of sewer, the velocity of flow in m/sec may be obtained by the formula V = -n r213 s ? evolved by
202. Pick up the correct statement from the following :
A. the sewer pipes of sizes less than 0.4 m diameter are designed as running full at maximum discharge
B. the sewer pipes of sizes greater than 0.4 m diameter are designed as running 2/3rd or 3/4th full at maximum discharge
C. the minimum design velocity of sewer pipes is taken as 0.8 m/sec
D. all the above.
203. In a residential colony, sewers of diameters 100 mm, 150 mm and 225 mm were laid with a gradient 1 in 120. Which portion of the sewage system does not choke in due course of time
A. 100 mm dia.
B. 150 mm dia.
C. 225 mm dia.
D. all of these.
Page 29 of 52