22. In arches, stratified stones are placed so that their planes are
D. none of these.
23. The tendency of a stone is, to split along :
24. The standard size of masonry bricks, is
A. 18 cm x 8 cm x 8 cm
B. 19 cm x 9 cm x 9 cm
C. 20 cm x 10 cm x 10 cm
D. 21 cm x 11 cm x 11 cm
25. The size of modular bricks, is
A. 10 x 10 x 9 cm
B.19 x 9 x 9 cm
C. 22.5 x 10 x 8.5 cm
D. 22.5 x 8.0 x 9 cm.
26. The term frog means
A. an apparatus to lift the stone
B. a depression on a face of brick
C. vertical joint in a brick work
D. soaking brick in water.
27. The frog of a brick is normally made on its
A. top face
B. bottom face
C. longer face
D. shorter side.
28. The size of mould for bricks, is generally kept
A. a little large to specified size
B. a little small to specified size
C. equal to specified size
D. 10% larger than specified size
Page 4 of 51