99. Seasoning of timber is done
A. to make it water proof
B. to paint its surface
C. to increase its temperature
D. to remove water.
100. Based on its dry weight, a freshly felled tree may contain water
101. A well seasoned timber may contain moisture up to
A. 4 to 6%
B. 6 to 8%
C. 8 to 10%
D. 10 to 12%.
102. The curved swellings from the growth of layers or wounds left after branches are cut off in an irregular manner, are known as
D. none of these.
103. For the manufacture of plywood, veneers are placed so that grains of adjacent veneers
A. run at right angles
C. inclined at 45?
D. inclined at 60?.
104. The most valuable timber may be obtained from
105. The timber having maximum resistance against white ants, is obtained from
Page 15 of 51