85. Index number expressing the relative sizes of both coarse and fine aggregates, is called
A. proportioning of aggregates
B. fineness modulus
C. grading of aggregates
D. none of these.
86. Bulking of sand is caused due to
A. surface moisture
B. air voids
D. clay contents
87. Pick up the correct statement from the following :
A. Adding 5% to 6% of moisture content by weight, increases the volume of dry sand from 18% to 38%
B. The bulking of fine sand is more than that of coarse sand
C. If the percentage content of moisture exceeds 10%, increase in bulk of sand starts increasing
D. All the above.
88. Strength of cement concrete primarily depends upon
A. quality of water
B. quantity of aggregate
C. quantity of cement
D. water-cement ratio.
89. Slump test for concrete is carried out, to determine
D. water content.
90. A badly mixed cement concrete results in
C. honey combing
D. none to these.
91. For a 50 kg cement bag water required, is
B. 18.5 litres
C. 20.5 litres
D. 22.5 litres
Page 13 of 51