36. Effective length of a runway is the distance between
A. ends of the runway
B. point of intersection of the obstruction clearance line and the extended plane of the runway surface, and the other end of the runway
C. point of intersection of the glide path and the extended plane of the runway surface and the other end of the runway
D. ends of the clear way on either side.
37. The lift off distance is the distance along the centre of the runway between the starting point and
A. end of the runway
B. end of stopway
C. point where air craft becomes air borne
D. point where air craft attains a height of 10.7 m
38. If lift off distance of an craft is 2000 m, the clear way at the end of the runway should not be less than
A. 145 m
B. 152.5 m
C. 162.5 m
D. 172.5 m.
39. According to I.C.A.O. the slope of transitional surface at right angles to the centre line of runway, is kept
A. 1 in 4
B. 1 in 5
C. 1 in 6
D. 1 in 7
40. The meterological condition which influences the size and location of an air port is
A. atmosphere pressure
B. air density
C. reduced level
D. all the above.
41. The landing and take off of the air craft is made against the direction of wind. In no case the centre line of the runway should make an angle with the wind direction exceeding
42. Pick up the correct statement from the following :
A. Approach zone survey is carried out to determine the elevations of the protruding obstructions above horizontal, conical and transitional surfaces
B. The wind data of an air port is depicted in the form of a chart known as wind rose
C. The landing and take off of the air craft is made against the wind direction
D. All the above.
Page 6 of 10