8. Which of the following statements is true regarding genomics?
A.Plant genomics lags behind similar efforts in animals and microorganisms
B.Researchers can make use of genomic information even if the entire genome of an organism is not known
C.Researchers are busy in trying to determine the genome of the potato plant
D.All of the above
9. Which of the following gene is responsible for resistance against chilling?
A.Glycerol 1 phosphate acyl transferase
D.Sucrose phosphate synthase gene
10. Which of the following gene detoxifies herbicide phosphinothricin?
B.Glutathione S-transferase (GST)
C.Phosphinothricin acetyl transferase
D.All of these
11. Plants derived sexually from the same plant are____ while those derived from somatic tissue from the same plant are____.
B.different, also different
D.plants cannot be derived from somatic tissue
12. Transgenic plants with increased tolerance to aluminum have been produced by making plants that
A.secrete phytosiderophores into the soil
B.make more metal-binding peptides like phytochelatins
C.bind aluminum to the cell wall
D.secrete citrate into the soil
A.targets genes in the chloroplast
B.provides exceptionally low yields of protein products
C.produces genes that are released in pollen
D.offers little opportunity for practical use
14. Plants containing genes encoding cytokines and blood clotting factors are used in
Page 2 of 8