8. Candida utilis is used for the fermentation of waste sulphate liquor since it ferments
C.both hexoses and pentoses
D.none of these
9. Yeast is used in the production of
10. S cerevisiae start producing ethanol with in
11. Which of the following microorganisms help in the ethanol production?
D.All of these
12. After the fermentation is over, ethanol is recovered by
13. The Zygomonas has a merit over yeast because
A.it has more osmotic tolerance to higher sugar concentration
B.it has high tolerance to ethanol
C.it has more specific growth rate
D.all of the above
14. Which of the following organism is not used in any of the traditional industrial fermentation?
Page 2 of 3