1. Some types of variation are due to changes in the genetic material. What is this type of change called?
2. Which of the following is the process of choosing parent organisms for the characteristics that is wanted in their offspring?
3. Which protein has been produced generating a transgenic sheep that is used for replacement therapy for individuals at risk from emphysema?
A.Plasminogen activator (tPA)
B.α-anti trypsin (AAT)
D.Amyloid precursor proteins
4. Which of the following is the word used to describe what happens when the nucleus of a sperm joins with the nucleus of an egg cell?
5. DNA into fish is injected into
C.both (a) and (b)
D.none of these
6. Transgenic goats have been used to produce which of the following protein that is used for dissolving blood clots?
A.Amyloid precursor protein
B.α1-anti trypsin (AAT)
D.A variant of human tissue-type plasminogen activator
7. Transfection refers to which of the following?
A.Synthesis of mRNA from DNA template
B.Synthesis of protein based on mRNA sequence
C.Introduction of foreign gene in to a cell
D.The process by which a cell become malignant
Page 1 of 6