8. If two genes show 50% recombination
A.they are on different chromosomes
B.they are on same chromosome but far apart
C.both (a) and (b)
D.they are closely located on the same chromosome
9. Which of the following denotes a pair of contrasting characters?
10. A map of chromosomes that utilizes cloned and sequenced DNA fragments rather than genetic markers is known as
A.a physical map
B.a genetic map
C.a cloning map
D.none of these
11. In a dihybrid cross, the progeny of an Fl individual (hetero2ygous for both characters) will show a phenotypic ratio of
12. In an organism, the chromosome number is maintained constant because of
13. How many chromosomes are there in the budding yeast (S. cerevisiae)?
14. Which of the following is correct when a character shows continuous variation assuming a normal distribution?
A.It is governed by many genes with small cumulative effect
B.It is not controlled genetically
C.Many of the variation is due to fluctuation of climate
D.None of the above
Page 2 of 3